Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Teaching Little Knitters

Tomorrow will be the first meeting of the year for our school knitting club. I have no idea how many kids will show up for our 8:00 A.M. meeting. I am prepared, though. I purchased some Wool-ease Thick & Quick and some large size needles for the children who may not have had time to get their own.

I really enjoy helping these young ones learn to knit. Sometimes we even get parents who want to learn. One of the moms is bringing muffins and juice (although I will probably need coffee) for an early morning treat.

1 comment:

knititch said...

that sounds very very nice. i am so impressed with the needlework teacher at our school. she makes the children do all kinds of things like felting balls and making pencil cases and viking dolls. and they love it. when you get the letters from us you will notice that all the girls prefer needlework. we are working on the case but they are not very fast due to the noise noise noise.