Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Itty Bitty


Here is a completed kimono sweater and cap for a newborn. I used this pattern, but adjusted the size to fit a preemie or newborn. I also changed a few minor details (I rarely knit from a pattern without making some changes). The cap is my own interpretation of a pattern by Lorraine Major. The link to her patterns does not seem to be working today. The yarn is Jo-Ann Sensations Bellezza Collection Stellina, a wool blend; very nice to work with. It made an extremely soft fabric. I used US 6 circular needles.

I just mailed this set with some purchased baby socks and pants in newborn sizes. I hope that my daughter will be able to use them to bring home our new family member. The baby will be born this Friday. I am traveling to Colorado next week on the 15th. I can hardly wait!

No comments: