Monday, July 9, 2007

Que Sera, Sera!

Patience is a much over-rated virtue! I am still waiting to hear a yea or nay about the possible job. I keep having flashbacks of Doris Day singing, "Que sera,sera", but it's not helping.

I can tell that I am more than a bit stressed over this situation because I cannot concentrate enough to knit anything more difficult than garter stitch washcloths (which I will most likely donate to the drive that Rabbitch is heading ).

In a completely different vein: I have been reading a series of delightfully funny books by Ann B. Ross. The first one is Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind. I am originally from Nashville, TN, and I can tell you that many of the characters in these books could have been based on some of my acquaintances. Who am I kidding? -- they could have been based on some of my relatives. If you have ever lived in the South, especially in a small town, you will find these books laugh-out-loud hilarious!

No comments: